If you are looking for a new accessory this summer, this DIY will be perfect for you…enjoy!
You will need:
- Scrap fabric
- Fabric scissors
- Masking tape
- Needle and thread or a sewing machine
- A friend (ideally)
1. Cut 3 strips of fabric (the groovier the better!) to the length of 35-40cm and roughly 2cm wide.
2. Use masking tape to fix the top of the 3 strips onto an object or table.
3. Twist each strand of the fabric so that the patterned side is facing outwards. After you have twisted one strip, you can fix it to the bottom of your object/table with tape to stop it unwinding.
4. Begin to plait the strips (this is where you may need an extra pair of hands!).
5. To secure the top and the bottom of the bracelet, you can stitch over the ends horizontally using a sewing machine or by hand to make sure that the bracelet does not unfold. Alternatively, you can glue the ends of the fabric into the inside of a clasp.
6. Cut off any excess fabric and tie on to your wrist!