We absolutely adore peppermint creams! They are a gorgeous little sweet treat that are so easy to make as they do not need to be baked. We also think they are perfect all year round and they can make a particularly enjoyable gift.
- 1 egg white
- 340g (12oz) icing sugar
- a few drops of peppermint extract
- a few drops of food colouring (this is optional although you can make some funky designs with it!)
- Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper to place the peppermint creams on.
- Whisk the egg white lightly in a large bowl until it is frothy but not stiff.
- Sift the icing sugar into the bowl and stir it into the egg white with a wooden spoon until the mixture is stiff.
- Add a few drops of peppermint extract and stir or knead together, tasting it to make sure it is strong enough. Also add the food colouring here if you have chosen to.
- Roll the mixture out onto a wooden board with a sprinkle of icing sugar on and use cutters to make shapes of your choice (you can also go freestyle here and create your own design)
- Refrigerate for as long as you can wait without eating them!
We hope you enjoyed this recipe as much as we did making them! Let us know if you tried them out for yourself!