We had never heard of this award until we were nominated but from what we can gather, it is to support newly created bloggers by raising awareness of their blog, which is marvellous! Thank you ever so much to the lovely Pippa from http://pippahodi.wordpress.com for nominating us (and also to Annie!) so do go and check out both of their delightful blogs!
The rules are pretty simple:
You must answer 11 questions given to you by the person who nominated you.
You must list 11 random/fun facts about yourself.
You must pick 11 nominees with under 200 (ish) followers to answer your questions.
You cannot nominate the person who nominated you.
You must let the person you’ve nominated know that they’ve been nominated.
Questions from Pippa:
What is your favourite makeup brand and why?
Hmm this is a tricky one but I would have to say Rimmel as they do some great eyeliners, foundations and powders which all play a big part in my daily make up routine! Plus, the products are a reasonable price and good quality.
What most inspires your posts/designs?
Just everyday life really and the world around us; there is a lot of inspiration in the smallest things in life! This means that our posts do not all fit in the same category, so you never really know what topic our next post will be about!
What is your favourite makeup look and why?
My favourite make up look has got to be the bold red lip and winged eye liner combo. It is a classic, classy yet almost understated look with minimal colour on the eyes or cheeks.
What is your favourite nail varnish colour and why?
I love a bit of blue on the nails – anything from a chic navy to a cute baby blue. I think blue is a great basic colour and goes with a lot of the colour clothes I wear. At the moment, I am loving Barry M’s Blueberry and I am just about to re-paint my nails in this colour!
What is your favourite movie?
Bridesmaids – the perfect movie for a night in with the girls! It is sidesplittingly funny, with a character to relate to every kind of woman.
What is your favourite skincare product and why?
I would have to say toner as I love sweeping it over my face in the morning to make me feel instantly refreshed and ready for the day! I also find that it gently exfoliates my face, making my make up apply much smoother.
What is your favourite animal?
A butterfly (if that counts as an animal?) because it makes people smile (or is it just me that starts goofily grinning every time I see some fluttering of tiny wings?).
Who is your idol?
Neither of us really have one idol, there are lots of people to whom we look up to, including the obvious Ghandi, Marie Curie, Mandela, Martin Luther King, etc… and the people close to us.
What is your favourite song of all time?
This is a hard one because I am the type of person that overplays good songs so many times I get sick of them, so my song of the week is Down by The Kooks, purely for the catchy chorus which is now stuck deeply in my head.
What is the most essential product in your makeup bag?
CONCEALER. Without a doubt. I have fairly spotty and red skin so I love a good concealer to cover up those imperfections and red patches.
What is your favourite perfume?
Marc Jacobs Dot – although it is expensive (for me anyway!), I just love it, however I don’t often wear it as I’m afraid of using high end products…strange I know!
1. There are two people involved in our blog – Lauren and Ella, hence Laurella (cheesy huh?).
2. We are Pinterest addicts and spend half our lives sending pins to each other.
3. We are both automatically and uncontrollably drawn to anything in the colour burgundy.
4.We have both recently finished our GCSEs.
5. Lauren is a Gemini and Ella is a Sagittarius.
6. We are BIG Miranda Hart fans – such fun!
7. We are not big sun lovers and prefer the colder months (if only for the wooly hats and knitted jumpers.)
8. We a love a good DIY project (although truth be told, we start way more than we finish!)
9. We love Cadbury’s mini eggs as a special Easter treat, we managed to make them even more scrumptious by melting them in the microwave. Try it, we promise you will LOVE it!
10. We can communicate to each other just by facial expressions (it’s the best friend way!).
11. We adore anything with owls on.
(Sorry if you have more than 200 followers or have already been nominated but we don’t think it matters as we are spreading the love in the blogosphere!)
11 Questions for you to answer:
1. What is your favourite item of clothing?
2. If you could only choose one beauty product to use for the rest of your life, what would it be and why?
3. If you could have a superpower what would it be?
4. Do you have any secret talents?
5. Celebrity crush?
6. How would you describe your everyday style – (punk/hipster/cutesy)?
7. What is your favourite affordable make up brand?
8. If you could only take one book to a desert island which would it be?
9. What is your favourite TV show currently?
10. If you could only wear one pair of shoes for the rest of your life, which would you choose?
11. If you could be the opposite sex for the day, what would you do?
Hope you enjoyed this post which was a bit different from our normal ones. We are really grateful to Pippa and Annie so be sure to give them some love over on their blogs!