Do you love a good beauty bargain? I certainly do. There are lots of great items on the high street that mean you don’t have to splash out on high end beauty products. These are some of my favourites that I use on a daily basis:
- Rimmel Scandaleyes ‘005’ Nude eye liner – Where do I start with this?! If you wake up in the morning with the reddest of the red eyes, then you need this (yes, need!). This is a saviour. Just a thin sweep along the water line really does make you look awake and refreshed, even if you are secretly not!
- L’Oreal True Match foundation – I love this foundation, so much so that I have re-purchased it, which is a first for me; I normally switch to another brand when mine runs out. This foundation gives a medium coverage and is easy to blend. It has a very light texture and comes in an extensive shade range which should cater for most people.
- Natural Collection blushed cheeks – These blushes are a good all round choice as they are so cheap at only £1.99 and highly pigmented. I reach for these daily as they are reasonably long lasting and there are so many good colours to choose from (my favourite is ‘pink cloud’).
- Bourjois Happy Light Matte Serum Primer – This primer works wonders. Firstly, it does what it says on the tin which is always a good start. It helps to control oil to stop you looking shiny which in turn prolongs the wear of your foundation. For me, this kept my make-up intact for a good 7 hours (and I have quite an oily t-zone).
- Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer – This concealer is great as it is a good price and it provides a high coverage so can be used on blemishes. I also have very pale skin and I find that the lightest shade ‘fair’ matches my skin colour almost perfectly. However, I wouldn’t want to use it under my eyes as it is quite heavy and can crease.
Of course there are many more great things to choose in the likes of Boots and Superdrug but these are just a few of my top picks! There may be some more posts like this in the future with mini reviews and possibly a haul? What are your favourite high street beauty products?
Also, don’t forget to take a look at our newly created instagram page (thesilverliningsoflifeblog) for more pictures.